In recent we have seen a sudden increase in the number of earthquakes, floods, tornados, rise in temperatures, less than normal rains, and volcanic eruptions, this is all because we are playing with rules of nature. World Environment Day (WED) provided us the platform to think and take action in direction to make our planet better to live.
World Environment Day is celebrated every year on 5th June to raise global awareness of the need to take positive environmental action. It is run by the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP). It was the day that United Nations Conference on the Human Environment began. The United Nations Conference on the Human Environment was from 5–16 June 1972. It was established by the United Nations General Assembly in 1972.The first World Environment Day was celebrated in 1973. World Environment Day is hosted every year by a different city with a different theme and is commemorated with an international exposition in the week of 5 June.
Theme for World Environment Day 2012:
The theme for World Environment Day 2012 is Green Economy: Does it include you? The UN Environment Program, a green economy can be thought of as one which is low carbon, resource efficient and socially inclusive. The green economy will improve human well-being and social equity, while significantly reducing environmental risks and ecological scarcities .
The second part of the theme suggests that if the Green Economy is about social equity and inclusiveness then technically it is all about you! The question therefore asks you to find out more about the Green Economy and assess whether, in your country, you are being included in it.
Small steps to save our Environment:
We all are aware of what to do to save the environment but somehow we do not follow these rules. Let’s take small steps to save our earth:
1) We can keep the windows open during the day to let in natural light and fresh air.
2) Harvesting rain water can increase the earth water level and its very important for the fast growing cities like Delhi, Mumbai Bangalore and more. Take homes only from water harvesting compliance builders.
3) Say no to plastic and take Jute and cotton bags for purchasing fruits and vegetables.
4) Plant more trees where ever you can. Take part in government initiatives. Make you surrounding green by planting treas. Residential welfare association can play a major role in planting treas.
5) If you want to go for market nearby go by walk. Do not use bike or car for travelling small distances which you can walk in few minutes. This will save you fuel and nature too.
6) Do not waste paper in un necessary printing. Print both the sides of paper and think twice do you really need print for that particular document.
7) Use car pooling to save money and fuel both.
8) Try to travel maximum by road or rail instead of flight.
9) Spread the awareness for saving our environment and follow it yourself
Our Sunshine Nonwoven Company always keep the world going green. We supply shopping bag nonwoven fabric to less the white pollution; We supply agriculture non woven fabric to protect the plants glowing well. Above all, our pp spunbond nonwoven fabric is it eco-friendly, biodegradable, Non-toxic, non-irritating: made of materials which catch up FDA standard, without other chemical composition, stable, non-toxic, no smell, safe for sensitive skin.